a complete guide about the bus system in dubai
- Author- Jazmin
- Publish Date-
Dubai has visitors not just from adjacent countries but individuals across the world come here for vacation and business purposes. At times the tourists staying in Dubai are more than the number of citizens located there. Hence it is a known fact that Dubai sure has more than thousands of tourists entering every year and why wouldn't you try it out as well, when get to know all you need to know about the "bus system in Dubai" by Dubai E Visa Online and the services that it provides. So here is a chance to both get to know about Dubai bus services and about whether you can get a visa on arrival in Dubai.
READ ALSO: FREE 48 HOURS TRANSIT VISA IN DUBAI AIRPORT
Dubai transportation system in Dubai is being maintained by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA). Out of all the local transport, bus services in Dubai are the cheap and easiest way to travel anywhere within the UAE. On weekends, Fridays and public holiday bus schedules are re-arranged in order to accommodate the rise of passenger traffic. So, let's look at the transport facilities (bus) in Dubai which will make your visit easy.
The bus system in Dubai: An effective way to travel anywhere in the city
- There are different public transport facilities available in Dubai, like metros, taxis, buses, monorails, and many more which are managed by RTA.
- The most convenient and cheapest way out of the transport facilities is the bus service facility.
- The Public Transport Agency provides public bus services with a large fleet of 1,518 buses where PTA operates an extended bus network of 119 internal lines, 35 lines linking to metro stations, 12 intercity lines to transport passengers to other emirates, 8 fast lines, and 62 internal routes.
- The network in UAE covers almost 82% of the urban areas in Dubai and involves transporting about 369,248 passengers per day.
- The types of Buses available are- Double Decker, Standard, Articulated, and Mero Link.
RTA supports Dubai transformation into a smart city and fosters its strategic goals which are designed to meet your needs. Here is the complete travel guide that you would want to know about Dubai bus facilities:
READ ALSO: HOW TO APPLY DUBAI TRANSIT VISA
Basic requirement- The NOL card
- The best thing about transportation in Dubai is that all the services use the same ticket type, called the NOL card as you don't have to worry about purchasing a different ticket for each service.
- The NOL is a smart card that permits travelers to use various RTA transport modes (metro, buses, water buses, paid parking, abra rides) in with a single card.
- With its 'touch and go' feature, you only need to have to tap your card on the card reader at the entry and exit gates of the Metro and Waterbus stations in Dubai.
- Always remember to keep a minimum balance of 7.5 AED in your card while using public transport.
- The system automatically charges the correct fare from your card.
READ ALSO: DUBAI TRANSIT VISA FOR INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDER
There are 4 types of NOL cards:
- Red: The Red card can be bought for only AED 2 from any ticket vending machine. This card can then be loaded with up to 10 Single Trips.
- Silver: The Silver card allows you to travel on all the modes of transport (unlike the Red ticket) and can be loaded with up to AED 5000 with its validity up to 5 years. The card costs AED 25 and comprises of an AED 19 e-purse value.
- Gold: The Gold card allows you to access the privileged Gold class cabins on the Dubai metro and trams which is perfect for tourists and locals.
- Blue: The Blue card ( NOL Personal Card) is similar to the Silver card. It provides discounts for students and a senior citizen on metro and free travel for those with disabilities, available for locals only.
READ ALSO: DUBAI VISA FOR UNITED KINGDOM PASSPORT HOLDER
Bus stations and timings
- The RTA runs a fleet of around 1,500 states of art buses that connect the entire city of Dubai.
- The buses used by the RTA are air-conditioned, equipped with NOL card sensors at the entry and exit points which is easily accessible by people with special needs.
- There are 2 main bus stations in Dubai- Al Ghubabiah and Gold Souq, with numerous bus stops along the way. The major bus stations are divided into Major Stations with 7 Sub Stations, 5 Feeder Bus Stations, and 1 Outside Bus Station.
- As mentioned by me, passengers are required to carry their NOL card while boarding and getting off the bus to be charged the correct amount for the trip.
- The cost of a one-way ticket is rated as $1.60 - 2.00 (5.80 - 7.00 AED).
READ ALSO: STAY WITH A FRIEND IN DUBAI
- Wheelchair Access: There is dedicated access for wheelchair users on the bus making it one of the best transit networks.
- Platform Alerts: There is an audible beep when doors open and close and corresponding flashing light signals.
- Tactile guidance: Contrasting the tactile guidance path act as guidelines for the visually impaired people to walk on.
- Informative Displays: Multiple screens host bus stops information and general notification about the next trip and safety.
- Cafeteria and vending machines: The facilities are available and installed in all main bus stops.
- Parking: Parking spot for taxis and cycle stands are available on the main stations.
READ ALSO: DUBAI VISA FOR INDIAN NATIONAL LIVING IN UK
Safety Rules and policies
- Colossal luggage, hazardous resources, and animals are not allowed inside the bus.
- Do not place your luggage in the gangway.
Rules and fines
- You will be fined AED 500 for using Fake cards.
- You will be fined AED 200 for using invalid cards, expired cards, using a card designated for others, and not paying the due fair.
- There are other types of punishment for offensive activities and misbehaving or damaging public transport.
READ ALSO: DUBAI VISA FOR INDIAN NATIONALS WORKING IN SAUDI ARABIA
- Stay away from the bus doors till the driver opens them to allow you to board.
- Board the bus through the front door and alight from the rear. Ladies and children may enter the bus from the front door.
- Do not engage in conversation or arguments with the bus driver.
- Do not operate any harmonious instrument or sound reproducing equipment to the annoyance of other commuters or the bus driver.
- Do not beg any favors while on the bus.
- Do not try to leave the bus until the bus comes to a complete halt.
READ ALSO: DUBAI VISA FOR INDIANS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA
When it comes to traveling, Dubai is affordable for tourists as well as for the locals. The transport services are cheap, efficient, and affordable for every individual. The most important thing to take care of is the safety of both you and the people that accompany you. The authorities take care of safety and follow the strict guidelines to avoid any kind of misconduct. That is all you need to know about the bus system in Dubai and everything that will cover you up when you travel around in Dubai.
Write Your Comment