know how to check if your dubai visa is original or fake
- Author- Dubai Visa Online
- Publish Date-
Dubai, UAE has witnessed various cases of visas that have been fake or forged. Many people have their visas rejected upon reaching there. That is why it is vital to check Dubai visa is original or fake.
Dubai, UAE visa has been a hot topic of discussion ever since Dubai’s tourism exponentially started growing and making its place in the top 5 tourist destinations. Dubai, with its strict regulations and policies, when it comes to approval and checking of visa, requires a visa from all nationalities excluding the GCC countries. With the number of tourists traveling to Dubai every year, it is natural to see numerous agencies which are set up for Dubai visa. With various modes like issuing your visa online or in a travel agency, there are also a lot of cases of getting a fake visa. These cases have been on the rise for the recent years, there have been additional checking at immigration in the Dubai international airport. There has also been an introduction to “OK to Board Visa” which ensures your visa is an original one.
Why are fake Dubai visas being created?
- As there is a raising need for Dubai visa looking at the number of tourists every year, many people get involved with frauds and scams.
- There have been various cases of forging old Dubai visa and selling them for a price lower than the usual visa price.
- People fall into this trap because firstly they don’t realize which one is real and fake and also because they get a cheaper price for it.
How to identify if your Dubai visa is fake or not?
The most prominent way of checking the originality of your Dubai visa is to check it through United Arab Emirates’ official website.
- Go to www.amar.ae
- Go to ‘General Inquiry’
- Fill out the following details: Visa number, Name, Nationality, and Date of Birth
- Proceed to submit your details
If your visa is original, you will be shown the details of your passport like its validity and expiry date. If your visa is fake, you wouldn’t find any details about it.
The second way is another official way to check for the same.
- Download the app ‘GDFRA’ which stands for General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
- Go to the option ‘Visa Inquiry’
- Fill out the required details and submit
If your visa is original, you will see the details of it as you did in the previous way of checking. If not, your visa is a fake one.
Check with "Dubai visa entry permit number"
Dubai visa entry permit number will be mentioned in the sticker that is posted to your passport. This comes handy when you have to check the authenticity of your Dubai visa.
When you visit www.amar.ae you can enter your visa entry permit number in the details that are asked to check your visa.
What are the actual documents required for a Dubai visa?
The documentation can slightly vary from agency to agency. That being said, some agencies may ask you for additional documents. But here are the mandatory listed documents that are required:
- Filled application form
- Passport size photographs
- Copy of your Passport (front & last page)
- Copy of your airline tickets
For the easy and authentic application of your visa, you can visit Dubai e visa online, it only takes three steps and is very easy to use.
This is another way of confirming that your visa agency is genuine. Check for the documents they require and see if they ask for the above-listed mandatory documents.
Are there any additional supportive documents required for Dubai visa?
When we talk about ‘additional supportive documents’ we mean to say that these documents aren’t required but can be carried with you for your own benefit.
Below mentioned are a few documents:
Bank account statement of the last 2-3 months
Invitation letter from your sponsor
- A bank account statement is helpful when you need to show that you are financially stable for a trip like this. However, travel insurance is something which is the most important amongst all.
- You must always get a travel insurance, especially if you are traveling for the first time.
- You never know the uncertainties that you can come across and you surely do not want to risk your money and health in a foreign country.
- Hotel booking and itinerary are the documents you can show to assure that the trip has been well planned and booked for.
- An invitation letter from your sponsor, in the same way, is going to help understand your purpose of visiting the city of Dubai.
- Carrying these additional documents with you will ensure your secure visa in most cases. Sometimes it also helps speed up the visa procedure for you.
Dubai Student visa
A student visa is issued for students who are over the age of 18 and are residing in Dubai for their studies.
Requirements for a Student visa in Dubai:
- Official admission letter from their respective university
- Medical fitness certificate
- Visa sponsor (institution, parent, friend)
- Approval by the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs)
Term of Validity for Dubai student visa
Currently, Dubai student visa is provided for a year. It can be renewed for the same duration provided that there is proof of education and enrolment in the university or institution.
How to get a Dubai student visa:
- Dubai visa for students can be acquired by the sponsors or by the accredited colleges in the United Arab Emirates.
- Most of the accredited issue visa for their international students, make sure you read about this in the guidelines and policies before applying for the university.
Dubai Employment visa
- In Dubai, to get an employment visa, you need to assure that you have a job.
- You will require a sponsor to issue your visa which is why it is necessary for you to have a job.
- If you have a job, your employer is responsible for the documentation work as they will be sponsoring your visa and submitting the paperwork to MOHRE which is the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- They will then proceed with your Dubai employment visa work and issue it.
Term of Validity for Dubai employment visa
The work permit that you will receive by MOHRE will be for two months. Once you have your two months permit, you can start with the necessary documentation to proceed with your employment visa.
Documents required are:
- Filled visa application
- Passport with minimum 6 months validity
- Passport size photographs
- Employment contract
- Education proof
- Employer’s license
- Work permit
Prevention tips for fake Dubai visa fraud
Make sure you get the letter by United Arab Emirates MOHRE if you are applying for a visa for employment purposes.
Job offer numbers can be used to verify the authenticity of the employer; you can check this on MOHRE’s website. https://www.mohre.gov.ae/en/services/enquiry-services.aspx
Remember that a tourist visa does not give you the right to work in Dubai.
Verify your visa with your permit number.
Make sure the agency that you are applying through is legitimate.
Lastly, if you have any queries contact MOHRE to get the official answer:
You can also use the chat option on their website to connect with them.
This was an entire guide on how to identify the authenticity of your Dubai visa. These fraudsters are increasing in number day by day with more requirements for Dubai visa. If you keep in mind all the points listed in this article, you will save yourself a lot of trouble and get the original Dubai visa.