impact of information technology on dubai city
- Author- Dubai Visa Online
- Publish Date-
The world changes every minute of every day. Just like world Dubai also changing, Dubai adopts IT services, Dubai Govt provides many things online like Dubai visa, you can pay fine online, Online Metro cards, etc.? These changing times ask for constantly evolving technology that maintains an upward graph. The packed cities, expanding businesses, speeding urbanization has made every sector closely intertwined with the IT world.
- Just like most of the things, a country's economy can skew from calm waters of high-rank to ruinous storms of downfall. But don't worry! IT is here as a lifesaver.
- Talking of least, working on computers has made the work more programmed, organized, planned, and presentable.
- The evolving technological patterns clearly depict its straight effect on the economy across nations.
- The word Globalization, by definition, truly reflects the interdependency of nations on each other in terms of trade, culture, IT, and many other services.
- The phenomenon has hit Dubai positively. It has upscaled its economic conditions and promoted the UAE's trade with the rest of the world.
- Dubai is leaving no stone unturned in order to make itself the smartest city in future times. It shows readiness for being technology-driven and starves for sustainable upturns in economy, financial institutions, and emerging markets.
Read Also: Is Dubai Safe for Travel
Increase in Digitalization:
- Digitalization is the ultimate challenge for a country's Government to keep up with global transformation. A country's progress is measured by knowing how digitally smart it is. Dubai has been adapting, progressive, and embracive in nature ever since.
- It understands the potential of a smart city and has reflected the same in transportation, mobility, education, enhancing infrastructure, etc. For instance, Dubai launched a project called Digital Coach that aims at giving the training to transport drivers. This will help in increasing the facility of public transportation which further results in fewer vehicles on roads. This can save many accidents from occurring.
Que. What is one of the most pronounced effects of digitalization in the city?
Ans. The govt. has decided to lend a visa for 10 years to its investors and dealers. This will allow more influx of potential talent that can maintain its position in the global market.
Read Also: Dubai Visit Visa Extension
- Dubai has emerged as the new hotspot for people seeking job opportunities. As per reports from 2019, out of 5 million employees in UAE, 51.3 % of liveware comes from Dubai.
- This is why Dubai was declared as one of the smartest cities by the govt. of UAE in 2020. Electronic kiosks, internet banking, techno-based signature verification systems, etc. are a few lucky strokes that have helped financial institutions to upgrade.
- Dubai has had a constant hunger for a rise in technology. FinTech (finance + technology) is a leading name in the world of start-ups and are choosing Dubai as its hub. It is believed to improve the economic trends for the next 10 years.
- The financial free zone (FFZs) made by the city is called the Dubai International Financial Centre. It sets its sight at providing better space for FinTech start-ups to collaborate with businesses producing double benefits.
Que. Which jobs are in high demand in Dubai?
Ans. Keeping in mind the influence of the automotive industry, the IT managers, accounting, and finance officers hold high opportunities for people in Dubai.
Read Also: Travel Insurance For Dubai Visa
Oil and Gas:
- Dubai has approx. 4 billion barrels of oil reserves. Top ICT organizations like TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) help the oil and gas companies to generate maximum revenues through IT-enabled standardization, optimize productions at minimal costs.
- Accenture offers a completely different model for these companies in Dubai and the whole UAE. It has introduced oil and gas companies with diverse approaches to widen their network across the world.
Que. Is the oil and gas industry the main source of income for the country?
Ans. Yes, but not only this. Along with it, the pearl business is one of the prime sources of the country's income.
Read Also: Visa Processing Center In Dubai
Keeping the happiness alive:
- Initiatives such as Smart Dubai and Dubai Future Foundation carved out of a vision by the Prime Minister have led the way in pioneering operations and letting IT set a firm foot in the city.
- Smart Dubai strives towards happiness that aims at providing a safe and smooth experience to the travelers/tourists or even natives. This was a big step in promoting tourism in the city.
- Dubai Future Foundation's tagline is our vision is to make Dubai a leading city in the future. It aims at bringing the corporate and business sectors on the same page and doing hard things together. It thrives for future innovations that lead to a better lifestyle. It was founded in 2017 and is named as a future accelerator and has won AI and robotics award for good.
- Dubai is given the label of self-flying taxi service city. As per this, it has launched an air taxi that uses drone technology. It will save the city from heavy traffics, road accidents, and pollution.
Read Also: Dubai Visa Can Give You Adventure Thrills
- Like all the rest, the defense sector owes highly to the automation industry in Dubai. A country's security is a matter of high concern and with evolving technology, it has only gotten better. These times of optimized technologies ask for real tech-heads (High-Performance employees) who showcase a constant appetite for future innovations. The aspirants should have the potential to re-build and carve out new security and safety measures for the people of the country.
- Researches show that a large part of this inflow has been from Dubai and the city had a key role in making the naval, aerospace, and defense industry self-resilient.
- A deal was signed between Martin Aircraft and Dubai Civil Defence (DCD) that involves rising a number of jetpacks (with the use of aerospace technology) which can be used for firing along the shoreline of Dubai.
Que. How does the Govt answer various queries related to administrative and other sectors?
Ans. The govt. has made an online portal for attending the FAQs, information on media and services, etc.
Read Also: Dubai In August
Trade and Governance:
- Mastering trades is crucial to a country's economy. As the trends in global interconnections continue to shoot up, trade can?t be overlooked. In 2017, a report was released by the World Trade Organization stressing about how trade along with technology can benefit the job market.
- Dubai, in order to promote its goods and services, has been an active participant in exhibitions in various sectors like trade, retails, sellers, event managers, etc.
Read Also: Ok To Board For Dubai Visa
The frequent and extensive use of mobiles, tablets, and computers led to the following steps:
- TEJARI is UAE's first e-commerce site in order to increase business and trades within the nation which is highly based on information technology.
- After establishing the online marketplace, the city aims at building an e-governance system that can be used to conduct various activities online, such as, customs and acquisitions.
Que. How much does trade contribute to Dubai's economy?
Ans. Factually, Dubai's gross domestic product is worth US$102.67 billion. The oil production accounts for less than 1% in GDP today.
Read Also: Best Places to Visit In Dubai
- No one wishes to pay a visit to a city not developed enough to provide comfort to its tourists. Standing in long queues at a hotel for booking or buying tickets to a museum is more than tedious. The past decade has seen a drastic shift from offline to everything online.
- Such efficient methods have helped in lending better experiences to the visitors by saving their time. Online is believed to carry the most authentic info about the city and this has pushed the tourism business up for Dubai.
- Dubai has newly implemented e-Ticketing and e-Permit strategies. The e-Permit allows an organization to collect applications online did under the name of Dubai govt. has risen the events industry.
Read Also: Old Dubai Guide
Had the situations been normal, Dubai was being considered as the city to host World Expo in 2020! This clearly depicts the city's strong grasp on event-holding capabilities.
Information technology plays a prime role in the software, business, and finance industry. It's the truly decisive factor in the health of an economy. Along with the above-mentioned areas of impact, technology hasn?t failed to tap in 3D printing, locking security various automated processes that were earlier manual, regulating the flow of resources, etc.
Read Also: 14 Days Dubai Visa
A city, nation, or world can always succeed under its guidance. Dubai is certainly at the forefront of it. It's one of the most rising cities among all the Emirates that has accepted the evolving technology with open arms. The results are reflected in every sector that continues to add yet another feather in its cap.