dubai national id importance and advantages of having it
- Author- Jazmin
- Publish Date-
Dubai Id is the card of identity for all the residents as well as the nationals. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship gives the Emirates ID to all the people who are citizens are residents of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) countries. All the nationals and inhabitants should carry their ID cards always. The card is of high value and hard to create a duplicate one. All the details about the Emirates ID cardholder are secured in the card.
READ ALSO: 30 DAYS DUBAI VISA
To visit the stunning city of Dubai, visit Dubai E Visa Online. This makes it simpler to apply and get a Dubai visa without a doubt! You can apply for various kinds of visas and book your lodgings and flight tickets.
Why is it important to apply for, and use the Emirates ID?
- The ID empowers a person to vote in the elections.
- It is used as a document to track the travel history of the citizens and residents
- It empowers a person to attain government services.
- This ID is used in the Immigration to enter through the smart gates, especially at the airports.
- It is also used to check personal details as and when required.
READ ALSO: DO I NEED A VISA FOR DUBAI
How to get a UAE National ID?
- To obtain a national ID one needs to be a resident of UAE (United Arab Emirates), or a resident from other countries, or the Gulf Cooperation Council (GGC) nationals living in the UAE. One can apply online by filling the e-form. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship” has a website to carry out the application process.
- The applicant will get a message on their mobile phone, about the next process of application for the Dubai national ID. You have to pay AED 100 for every year of the Emirates ID if you are not a native of the UAE.
- You can regularly check the status of your Emirates ID application on the web using the EIDA number.
READ ALSO: 90 DAYS MULTIPLE ENTRY DUBAI VISA
Updating the Emirates ID
To update the ID you need to reach out to the Customer Happiness Centers of the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship (FAIC). They will ask for your passport, current Emirates ID, and other identity proofs to change the details.
READ ALSO: DUBAI BUSINESS VISA GUIDE
Canceling your Dubai ID
- People who want to leave UAE have to cancel their Dubai ID. You have to submit your existing card to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs” (GDRFA).
- GDRFA will further return the submitted ID to the Authority that issues it.
Renewing Emirates ID
- This ID is generally valid for five years. Ideally one has to renew the Emirates ID card before it expires. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship is recently sending messages to remind the expiry of the ID.
- The validity of Emirates ID for a citizen of the UAE is ten years. The renewal fees are also lower when compared to the others.
- One needs to give the biometric details and other proofs to renew the ID. You can renew the Emirates ID after the expiry also. If you renew it after the expiry, you need to pay a fine.
READ ALSO: 48 HOURS DUBAI TRANSIT VISA
Get a new Emirates ID card if it is damaged or lost
- If you lose your ID, you can book for a new one. One has to report the incident at the Identity and Citizenship Authority Customer Happiness Center”. You need to provide your passport, residence proof, or residency permit to prove your existence in the UAE.
- You have to apply for your card replacement. You can do it online or in typing centers. To reapply it through online you have to pay AED 40, or AED 70 in the typing centers.
READ ALSO: DUBAI VISA FOR INDONESIAN
Fines on the Emirates ID
- Usually, people renew their UAE ID after thirty days of its expiry. In such a case, you have to pay AED 20 for each day. If you do not renew even after a month of the expiry of the Emirates ID, you will have to pay a fine up to AED 1000 also.
- People applying for a new card for reasons like theft or damage might have to pay a fine of around AED 300. Traffic fines are also paid on the Emirates ID.
- As per the new rule, people cannot renew their Emirates ID unless they pay the stay home fines. Individuals who went out of the house with no legitimate explanation during the COVID-19 need to pay the stay home fines.
READ ALSO: 14 DAYS DUBAI VISA
How to pay the fine which is on Dubai national ID?
- To pay fines like traffic fines using Dubai ID, you have to search for e-Services of the police and click on the public services” option.
- You will find a “traffic fines inquiry”.
- You need to enter all the details in the given space.
- You have to use your UAE ID number in the space provided and enter the captcha.
- Enter submit and you can then view the fines.
- You need to tap on the alternative "pay fine". After clicking it you will be approached to enter the username and captcha code to sign-in.
- You have to enter the captcha and submit it. Thus you can finally pay the fine.
READ ALSO: DUBAI VISA FOR CITIZENS OF EGYPT
Frequently asked questions on National Id
Question: I want to renew my Dubai ID before it expires. How soon can I renew it?
Answer: The citizens can apply even before six months of the expiry. Expatriate residents can apply for the renewal after the residence visa is renewed.
Question: Why is the UAE ID important?
Answer: Emirates ID gives you an identity as the person living in the UAE.
Question: Is Emirates ID valid after the expiry of the visa?
Answer: No, the Emirates ID is not valid if the visa expires.