dubai art and culture
- Author- Jazmin
- Publish Date-
Dubai is quickly growing famous for its art and culture. There are several architectural and artistic marvels in Dubai. The existing art and culture of Dubai are complemented by the wall arts, art galleries, and art exhibitions. Dubai Art and culture can act as a platform offering Dubai jobs for artists and culture enthusiasts. For Exploring the Dubai Art Gallery, apply Dubai Visa so that you can visit Dubai soon.
Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood
It was previously called Bastakiya. It was one of Dubai's oldest heritage sites. In the 1800's it was a trading spot for the textile and pearl merchants. It is now home to the Dubai art museum. There are art galleries and exhibitions.
READ ALSO: Dubai visa for Ghana nationals
Make sure you check the Xv8 and Majlis gallery. The area abounds with museums and lots of stores lining the narrow streets of the neighborhood.
- One can reach there from the Al Fahidi transport stand.
- Free parking areas are available close to the avenues.
- An individual can appreciate the excellence of this authentic neighborhood free of charge.
- This workmanship and social focal point of Dubai is open all day. Anyway, the exhibition halls and craftsmanship displays have fixed working hours.
- The captivating spot covers an area of 31,000 square meters.
Sheik Mohammed Center for cultural understanding
Sheik Mohammed Center is an institute in the Al Fahidi neighborhood that hosts regular talks on the United Arab Emirates(UAE) traditions and heritage to attend and learn from.
READ ALSO: Dubai visa for Canada passport holder
- The cultural center organizes many occasional and creative events such as “Sikka Art Fair”, “Artists-in-Residence Programme”, “Heritage Week”, “National Day Events”.
- It also organizes religious celebrations.
- Around this area, several hotels and shops are of heritage.
It is a heaven for art lovers and culture vultures! It is found in Dubai’s Al Quoz and is home to art galleries, exhibitions, cafes, theatres, music, venues, and more. It offers complete entertainment as it hosts several talks, movie screenings, and classes.
- It features beautiful modern art paintings and wall art.
- It was an industrial area, in the first place.
- In 2008, it was transformed into a modern art gallery.
- In a stretch of one-block, there are about twenty-five modern art galleries and art paintings. It is the only area with a large number of art galleries in one place!
- In 2019, Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal, the founder and director of Alserkal Avenue, a new arts foundation there.
- It has provided Dubai jobs in the field of art.
READ ALSO: Dubai visa for Thailand passport holder
- It is an awe-inspiring structure at the center of downtown Dubai. It puts on an all-year program highlighting the world's most adored stage shows, musicals and that's just the beginning!
- The structure is striking and set with the backdrop of Burj Khalifa. It is the home to many significant occasions each year.
- Dubai has facilitated West End and Broadway creations including the latest: Phantom of the Opera, the Jersey Boys, Carmen, The Nutcracker, and so on.
- Dubai Opera likewise has significant shows from top acts including "Rag n Bone Man", "Katherine Jenkins", "Hacienda Classical" (EDM meets traditional) show.
READ ALSO: Requirements of Dubai long term visa
Trick Art Gallery
The world’s largest 3D art museum was recently opened in Dubai. You can take a surreal trip to Dubai where you can walk on the rope, swim with the sharks, and sit on an Aladdin’s magic carpet! The museum takes you into an unearthly world through its fascinating and interactive artwork. You can take Instagram worthy photos.
- It is located off Sheik Zayed Road in Al Quoz, it is the first of its kind.
- It spreads over an area of 23,000 square feet and is two floors.
- One can become a kid again and play treasure hunt or even wrestle with “Popeye the sailor man”.
- The trick art gallery features 185 artworks from twenty artists across the globe.
- It can be visited by paying 90 AED (Arab Emirates Dirhams) for adults and costs AED 70 for kids of the ages 5-12. It is completely free for kids below five years of age.
- The art gallery has nine zones: Egyptian, illusion, Arabic, water world, animal kingdom, world of masterpieces, fantasy, forest, and comedy.
READ ALSO: Dubai visa for Indian citizen living in UK
Museum of Illusions
This Dubai museum will trick your mind. It is located in the Al Seef district of Dubai. It will challenge one’s senses and make us question reality.
- There are a tilted room and fun objects that create illusions.
- Upside down room, Einstein staring at us creepily, magic with mirrors, and fascinating mind tricks are fun to watch and click pictures!
- You can solve puzzles without having to pay a penny.
- Ticket costs for entry are AED 80 for adults and AED 60 for children.
- World Art Dubai is held every year at the “Dubai World Trade Center”. It conducts seminars, modern art paintings, workshops, etc.
- “Dubai Culture and Arts Authority” encourages and aids the artistic events and expression of art, while simultaneously fostering their Arabic roots.
- Dubai hotels can also act as the cultural and artistic hubs as they are very appealing and invoke the traditional Arabic culture within them.
- Dubai has grown as the meeting point in the art world. It reflects the multinational culture of Dubai. It emerged as a place where art, culture, creativity, and talent is appreciated.