al fahidi fort dubai tour with dubai visa
- Author- Super Admin
- Publish Date-
Al Fahidi Fort is popularly known as the Dubai museum. The fort is situated in the heart of Dubai. Dubai is the most popular city in the United Arab Emirates. The country is located on the eastern side of the Arabian Peninsula. The country aims to be the business hub of western Asia. Besides the huge skyscrapers and buildings, Dubai is well known for its history too. The history of Dubai is what you are going to explore in Al Fahidi Fort (Dubai Museum). Being blessed by lavish hotels and malls with great adventure parks Dubai has many places to explore. Al Fahidi fort is one such place to put on your bucket list when you visit Dubai any time soon. Al Fahidi is the oldest building or the architecture of Dubai.
History Of Al Fahidi Fort
Al Fahidi fort was built around 1787. The major work of the fort was carried away under the rule of late Shaikh Maktoum Bin Butti. The expansion took place in the year 1830 which lasted till 1850. The fort was restored around 1971. After the restoration, the fort was used as a museum. The fort is in square shape. There are towers occupying in three of the corners of the fort. The fort was built in several phases. This is the oldest tower building in Dubai. The fort guarded the approaching of raids by the rivals. The fort also protected the town wall and other important towers.
Read Also: 30 Days Dubai Visa
An insider of Al Fahidi Fort (Dubai Museum)
Al Fahidi Fort is now a well-known museum in the heart of Dubai. The fort is transformed into a museum. The museum attracts around 1800 visitors on a daily basis. The museum is famous as it depicts the cultural history of Dubai. The museum focuses on life before the city was had a massive arrival of oil. The peak season to visit the fort is from April and ends till July. The main attraction of the fort or the museum is the historical culture. The article will tell you about what you will explore inside the Al Fahidi fort.
There are end numbers of places to explore inside. You will get a vast knowledge of the history of Dubai. The place explains about the people, occupation, business, education, and many other important points. The cultural practices and other major lifestyle are depicted inside the Al Fahidi fort by mannequins.
Read Also: 90 Days Dubai Visa
Explore Al Fahidi fort
When you enter Al Fahidi fort there are many things you will see at first sight. You will find boats and rafts inside the fort. There are stairs to go up but due to the safety concerns, they are closed. When you see around there are different entrances. These entrances will take you to the different parts of the fort. When you enter the room you will find some very beautiful depiction of art inside the room. The room depicts the ancient lifestyle. The houses how they were designed on how people lived there. The room depicts the culture and the life of people in Dubai.
- When you enter another room you will find different mannequins beautifully designed depicting the trade practices.
- You will find trading methods prevailing at that time through the portraits. They have depicted tailor shops, departmental stores.
- The education was depicted through children gaining knowledge about Quran. It is depicted by the moulvi reading the Quran and other students listening and reading it. Girls getting knowledge about the Quran is also shown by the life side mannequins.
- You explore a lot about lifestyle, education, trading, and occupation in the fort. There is an overview of the tools used by the people at that time. There are tools kept in the showcase giving a vast knowledge about the use.
- Exploring the museum you will find a whole space dedicated to fishing and underwater life. They depict marine life. They illustrate how the fishing was done during that time. The equipment is shown used at that time.
- There is a small souvenir shop or gift shop inside the museum. You can buy them and keep them as a memory from Dubai. You can gift them to your loved one or relative. You will find little things to keep and cherish.
- You also get a vast knowledge of the land area. There is a vast knowledge about the land area and sea area. How this developed with time.
- There is a whole place dedicated to old artifacts. The place has a whole collection of discoveries and gems found at that time. They are neatly displayed. People can read the information about the goods.
- There are many more things to explore inside Al Fahidi Fort. So if you are someone who is keen to know about histories al Fahidi fort is the perfect spot in Dubai.
Read Also: Do I Need a Dubai Visa
How to visit
You can visit Al Fahidi fort by public transport. This is a cheaper way to visit this place. The nearest metro station is Al Fahidi metro station. Public buses also work between Ghubaiba or Fahidi bus stations. You can also rent the car.
Al Fahidi area - Bur Dubai
The timings to visit Al Fahidi fort are
- Saturdays to Thursdays- 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Friday- 2.20pm-8.30pm
The months you can visit the place are from august to July. You Can enjoy the sightseeing and all in these months. Also, these are the peak months when tourists are attracted to Al Fahidi fort.
Children the ticket cost around Dh1. For adults, the tickets cost around Dh3.
Read Also: Dubai Shopping Festival
Interesting fact about Al Fahidi Fort
- Every year around 1 million people visit this historic place.
- There are 3 pillars at the corner of the fort.
- Al Fahidi fort also served as a prison for earlier.
- There is a presentation of life-size dioramas. These depict the lives of people in ancient times.
- The gallery of Al Fahidi Fort is also interesting.
- The fort is also imprinted on the Dh100 note
Read Also: Dubai in May
Frequently asked question
Q. Who built Al Fahidi fort?
Ans- The expansion was taken forward by late Shaikh Maktoum Bin Butti in the year 1830 to 1850. Originally the fort was built around 1787.
Q. What is special about al Fahidi fort?
Ans- It is the oldest building in Dubai. The fort is converted to a museum. The museum has some life-size dioramas which depict the culture and life of people before Dubai was known for the oil supply.
Q. When was the fort built?
Ans- The fort was built around 1787.
Q. How old is Al Fahidi fort?
Ans- The fort is around 200 years old. The fort has a vast architectural background.
Q. When to visit the fort?
Ans- If you want to travel to Dubai in August to December is the best time to visit. The temperature is moderate. You can travel for a long time.
Q. What are the best places to follow inside the Al Fahidi fort?
Ans ? The underground depiction of marine life is a place to explore. You will find the place so interesting. The pearls and other stuff like shells will blow your mind.
Q. Are the tickets free for the fort?
Ans- No, you have to pay for the tickets in advance or you can buy the tickets on the spot too.
Q. Is the parking area available?
Ans- Yes the museum parking is available. Parking is also available near the fort.