flavours of dubai culture
- Author- Dubai Visa Online
- Publish Date-
Dubai is the city of the vibrant and modern architecture, larger than life nights, skyscrapers and gold trade, dreams, and what not. Today, it has become the ultimate destination for travel as well as a globalized business platform, where cultures come together to meet and grow. This city of the elites, luxury-loving people attracts millions of tourists from across the world who come here to enjoy the best beaches, rich heritage and culture, desert scenes, sports, activities, and iconic sightseeing including the world's tallest building Burj-Khalifa. There is not one reason to visit this mesmerizing city but many. The different flavors and international perspectives it has to offer to every age group and every ethnicity which visits Dubai is beyond comparison to any other city in the world.
Read Also: How to Apply Dubai Visa Online
Dubai witnesses more than 15 million visitors every year and this number are increasing year by year making Dubai the most popular city amongst travelers nationwide. The city not only is the top-most choice of tourists but also businesses and markets of Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle-East. The dynamic city has everything which one dreams of thus living up to one of its nicknames 'the city of dreams'. Dubai is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and it is also the capital of Emirate of Dubai. So, here we have the list of multiple and the most cherished flavors of Dubai-Culture:
Hospitality in Dubai
Once in a lifetime, every person has heard of the grand hospitality of Emirati culture. Poised for greatness the city is heaven for people who enjoy shopping, adventure, and cultural spirit.
What makes Dubai worthy?
The topmost growing and distinguished hospitality and hotel industry is one of the greatest achievements of the city.
- Beyond 100,000 rooms available currently and adding close to 10,000 each year.
- Over 14.6 million visitors witnessed overnight
Where can I find the best hospitality services?
- Absolutely enchanting 7-star hotels such as Burj Al Arab to the majestic Atlantis, the Al Maha Desert Resort, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Bab Al Shams, Armani Hotel, and many more offer the unique services as well as makes sure of individual requirements too.
- One can enjoy the aromatic Gahwa or coffee made of rich spices like saffron, cardamom, and cumin with dates and relax in the traditional 'majlis', specifically made for friends to hang out.
- Dubai thus is the famous Arabian princess' Jasmine's 'whole new world'.
Read Also: Document Required For Dubai Visa
Art, Architecture, and Culture prevalent in traditional Arabic culture
Arabic artistic expression lies in its popular calligraphy, which has an Arabic script to create beautiful patterns. Traditional Islamic art comprises of geometric patterns referred to as Arabesque and Girih. The city is full of such artistic and eye-catching endeavors.
Which Culture is prominent in Dubai?
- Dubai offers a versatile mix of ethnicities, nationalities, and cultures. While its own culture and heritage are rich plus avid. Jumeirah Mosque situated on the Beach Road is a must-visit. It is one of the most beautiful architectural creations of the Arabic tradition.
- To explore the history and culture of the area, one can opt to visit the Dubai Museum, Sheikh Saeed al Maktoum House, and Dubai Heritage and Diving Village.
- Dubai Museum situated at the Al Fahidi Fort (1787) gives valuable information about the history and rise of Emirate's to become the richest in the world. It possesses historical insights into Dubai's background and cultural heritage. Further, there are various art galleries, hotels, and boutiques located at Al Fahidi too.
Where can I find authentic local art experience?
- One can look for events and exhibitions celebrating which celebrate local as well as international talent in Alserkal Avenue in Al Quoz
- Dubai Design District, also known as d3
These are the popular creative hubs of performing arts which also consist of galleries, studios, stores, and cafes.
Read Also: Countries Eligible For Dubai Visa
Adventure sports and activities
The city provides tourists with the most enthralling activities such as water sports, motor sports, desert adventures as a part of holiday events in the local culture, along with games like tennis, golf, football, and rugby. Equestrian sports, racing, and hunting also form a part of activities that are highly enjoyed here.
What can I do in Dubai?
Well, what the question is what is it that you cannot in Dubai city? Since Dubai has it all, it can provide everything that a person can wish for and thus makes the impossible, possible.
- From peeking through the world's tallest Burj-khalifa to see the breathtaking view of the entire city from the 148th floor to the brightest skylines any city could have. Dubai offers activities that no other city can.
- Hot-air balloon rides, skiing, skydiving, snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming around shipwrecks, riding a helicopter to view the skyscrapers and explore the man-made beaches.
There are 1001 things and more to do in the beautiful Dubai City.
Read Also: Dubai Visa Types
Food in Dubai
The city with more than 200 culturally diverse visitors and residents has even more diverse, distinct yet gratifying food as per everyone's taste.
What are some of the must-try dishes in Dubai city?
- One can discover the traditional tastes from cuisines like Al Machboos and Khuzi while trying the most popular and tasty dishes like Shawarma, Al Harees, Matchbous, and Mehalabiya.
- Magnificent brunches to satisfying dinners Dubai food serves your taste buds with the ethnic delicacies at your convenience ranging from Asian, Malaysian, Middle Eastern, Singaporean and Indian cuisine.
The city has nearly every cuisine right at your table to please your tongue and load you every time.
Read Also: Common Reason for Dubai Visa Rejection
Epic sightseeing at Dubai
Being someone absolutely new to the Middle East, all I can remind myself of is the Burj-Khalifa when it comes to traveling in Dubai city.
What more can I enjoy when visiting Dubai for the first time?
The Dubai Desert
One cannot forget that Dubai for the most part all about the sun and yes the desert. You can visit the deserts and enjoy the desert safari. The adventurous camel ride exploring the sunset over the sand dunes is something which one must never forget to experience while traveling Dubai. Followed by a traditional barbecue dinner in an Arabic Camp can become a memory you would love to create and relive every time.
Shopping In Dubai
When it comes to shopping, Dubai has the world's largest malls- 'Dubai mall' which will be more than enough to convince even a non-shopaholic to shop. Ranked as the world's significant retailer, Dubai stands tall in the global retail business. It will offer you everything including luxurious items like watches, cars, ornaments, brand accessories like shoes worth millions and apartments, smartphones, and many more.
Festivals in Dubai
Tourism is one of the major sectors where Dubai has and is always putting effort to improvise. The city never sleeps and is a continuous source of travel and leisure. It organizes events and fests nearly all the time of the year to ensure maximum engagement with businessmen, global citizens, tourists, and visitors.
Some of the popular festivals in Dubai are:
- The Rugby Sevens
- European Tour golf
- Dubai Cup horse racing
- Dubai International Film Festival
- Dubai Jazz Festival
- Dubai Shopping Festival
Ultimately, Dubai is that city that one can never get enough off. Rooted traditionally yet ultra-modern in its ways Dubai is a paradise where the contemporary and historic greets each other. The best blend of folk and modern impression is seen here. Celebrating its culture in a globalized manner. Today, Dubai has many unique, distinctive and appreciated reasons, apart from its geographical advantages as to why this city never fails to take everyone's breath away with its pulsating and energetic lifestyle in a heartbeat