All You Need to Know about the Dubai International Airport
- Author- Dubai Visa Online
- Publish Date-
Ranked as the number one busiest airport in the world, the Dubai international airport has a lot to offer you. DXB makes for the most exciting travel hub in the world. Spread over 7,200 acres with an estimate of over 90 million passengers every year. This airport is going to give you the best of experiences. Travelling is such an essential part of our life. We keep on travelling to various destinations all across the year. But the airports also make up for an essential part of the journey. This is why we bring you this everything you need to know at Dubai International airport guide DXB.
Terminals at Dubai International Airport DXB
The world’s busiest airport has three terminals: Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Terminal 3.
- Terminal 1 operates for all the flights, excluding Qantas and Emirates.
- Terminal 2 stands for cost-effective airlines and regional flights.
- Terminal 3 consists of three gates which are Gate A, Gate B, and Gate C. Emirates, Qantas, Gulf Air, and Qatar Airways extensively use these gates.
Travelling between terminals
There are various options for you to travel from one terminal to the other. It takes 10 minutes to half an hour to travel between these terminals. Your options are:
- By foot-walking
- 24-hour free shuttle bus service
Security and Customs at DXB
1. Restricted Items in Dubai international airport
Every airport has specific rules of what is permitted and what is not. DXB airport has these listed items which are restricted in your luggage:
- More than 100 ml of any liquid
- More than 100,000 AED in cash
- More than 20 kgs of curd
- More than 50 litres of oil
- More than 10 kgs of fruits and vegetables
- More than 500 gm of saffron
- More than 5 kgs of herbs and spices
- All kinds of narcotic drugs
- Rhinoceros horns
- Cooked and homemade food
- Goods from Israel
2. Dubai Airport immigration
Immigration is where government officials check for your documents and details. They ask for this information for the verification process. It involves documents like your passport, visa, airline tickets, and hotel booking.
3. Fast track immigration
This immigration process is made more accessible with the recent introduction of e-gates. For this facility, you would require a barcode on your passport, and you must register for this at the airport.
Airport lounges are one of the most premium parts of travelling via airports. Everything from comfort to luxury, being in Dubai makes your stay worthwhile. These lounges are made so the passengers can relax with better facilities because flight journeys can get a bit too tiring, especially with all the luggage that you’re carrying.
Dubai international airport offers you a range of lounges. Let us have a look at some of them:
1. Premium Plaza lounge
(Terminal 3, A gates)
Spanning over 1,200 square meters with an Arabic-inspired interior, this lounge can accommodate over 250 passengers. Your stay will be comfortable, with private family suites, live cooking stations, smoking rooms, shower rooms, and aero bars.
Suggested Read: Dubai Visa for Ghana Citizenship How to Apply Dubai Visa
2. Marhaba Lounge
(DWC, DWC – Departures, Terminal 1, Terminal 1 – D, Terminal 2, Terminal 3 – A)
A lounge with business facilities and open buffets, accessible by anyone irrespective of their class of travel. It is located in every terminal of the Dubai international airport. It also comes with a bar service.
3. Emirates Business Lounge
With a variety of facilities for both business class and first-class passengers, the Emirates business lounge is known for its gourmet dining. It also offers exciting, adventurous services like vintage arcade gaming and virtual reality.
Restaurants and Luxury Dining
Dubai International Airport gives you various choices for fine dining from the world’s busiest airport. DXB offers a wide range of cuisines to choose from. You get everything from coffee and quick bites to a wholesome dinner.
1. Coffee shops
Coffee and travel go hand in hand because what is life without coffee? Some people’s choices are Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Butler’s Chocolate, Dalmayr Coffee, and Pret a Manger.
Suggested Read: Dubai Visa for Ethiopia Passport Holder Living in Ethiopia
There is a wide range of options available when it comes to restaurants. What better way to grab a quick bite or pack something for the journey? You have options like Burger King, Desi Lunch Box, Flour & Stone, Giraffe, and even their food court.
Like plenty of restaurants, you get a wide range of options to choose from when it comes to a place to drink at the Dubai international airport. From The Draft House, a vintage-inspired sports-themed bar with a live broadcast of sports channels, to Jack’s Bar & Grill, providing you with classic mocktails. You have Heineken Lounge, Warehouse, and Biggles Pub for more options.
Health and Adventure
The international airport in Dubai knows how to keep its customers occupied. There are various facilities available for travellers to relax. They get to maintain their health even when they are at the busiest airport.
- Health club: With a swimming pool in the airport, you can join the G-Force health club in the airport’s hotel. You can avail of this facility even without staying at the hotel. You can also relax in the sauna or the jacuzzi.
- Spa facilities: What better way to spend time in an airport than destressing yourself with a soothing massage? There are various options, from beauty to self-care, to prepare for your vacation.
- Kids zone: If you’re travelling with kids, visit the Kids zone in Terminal 3 to make the most of the airport experience. From trampolines to their basketball courts, the kids can be kept occupied for a while.
Suggested Read: Dubai Visa for US Green Card Holders
Rest yourself with some sleep
Whether you have a short layover or a long over, you can take a moment to get some uninterrupted rest with these options you have at the DXB airport:
1. Sleep ‘N Fly Sleep Lounge
(Opp. Gate A1, Terminal 3)
Unwind yourself in this Dubai airport sleeping pod inspired by nature and tranquillity and designed for comfort and relaxation with the necessary facilities.
2. Dubai International Hotel
They are located at the Dubai airport; for your convenience, Dubai International hotel stands for your comfort. They always succeed in giving customers the best service and making their stay memorable.
Dubai International Airport is more than just a transportation hub; it embodies the spirit of the dynamic city it serves. As the gateway to boundless horizons, the airport connects cultures, bridges continents, and fulfils dreams of travel. With its commitment to innovation, sustainability, and passenger comfort, DXB remains at the forefront of the global aviation industry, welcoming travellers from all corners of the world to experience the wonder of Dubai.
This complete guide about the Dubai international airport will make you spend your time wisely. The range of options will make your stay engaging. This is not just another airport journey. This is Dubai International Airport, a journey to remember.
1. Know How to Check If Your Dubai Visa Is Original or Fake
2. Dubai Visa for Nepal Passport Holder Living in Nepal
3. All About Apply for UAE Visa Without Degree Certificate
4. Dubai 2 Year Visa Apply Dubai Long Term Visa In 2023
5. Dubai Visa for Uganda Passport Holder Living in Uganda