guide to Dubai airport transit security checks and procedures
- Author- Jazmin
- Publish Date-
Airport transit occurs when you take connecting flights. As most of you might have experienced, few countries do not have direct flights. There may be direct flights but they can be costly. Connecting flights are cheaper and you have to make an airport transit. Transit is also called layover.
READ ALSO: HOW TO APPLY DUBAI VISA ONLINE
Transiting Dubai Airport
READ ALSO: DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR DUBAI VISA
You have to thoroughly study the rules when you are transiting to Dubai airport if you want to go out of the airport. One has to examine the visa requirements in coordination with one's local Embassy, well in advance.
Changes in the transiting Dubai airport
You can get a 48-hour Dubai Transit Visa for 96 USD while if you wish to extend it to a 96-hour Dubai Transit Visa you would be required to pay 156 USD.
READ ALSO: DUBAI VISA FEES
For applying for a transit visa or a visit visa, visit Dubai E Visa Online. People of any citizenship can apply for visas through this website. All the data expected to apply for the visa is accessible on the site. After your visa approval, you can directly get a mail from them, and it will make sure that your visa does not get rejected.
Things to remember for transiting Dubai airport
It is better to book connecting flights of the same airlines to avoid complexity. The airport of Dubai welcomes more than seventy per cent of all its passengers. The free 48 hours Dubai Transit Visa is also introduced to increase the income of these seventy per cent of people. The least transit time between two flights especially Emirates airlines is one hour or sixty minutes. Earlier this time was seventy minutes.
READ ALSO: COUNTRIES ELIGIBLE FOR DUBAI VISA
You need to book the flights with a minimum of one hour of transit. This will be convenient for you to board another flight on time. Even if your transit visa is for a longer time, you have to reach the airport soon enough for you to board the connecting flight, hassle-free.
The following steps or Dubai airport connecting flight procedure to know that will help you to transit in Dubai airport efficiently:
It can be very tiring to think of the procedures at the Dubai airport when you are transiting. Transit can be confusing and time taking. Here is the information to make your transit a comfortable experience at Dubai airport.
- When you arrive at the Dubai airport from the previous flight, make sure to find your connecting flight on the display screen.
- Remember the name of the gate and the number.
- If you book your first flight with Emirates airlines, you need to reach the central transfer desk that is in the third Terminal.
- If you book your first flight with FlyDubai airlines, you need to reach the central transfer desk at the transfer desk in the second terminal.
- You have to reach the connecting counters or transit help desks if you do not have the boarding pass. You can enquire about your doubts about transit also.
- There are people with shirts saying May I help you?” you can ask these people for directions.
- One cannot leave the airport if one does not have a visa. In that case, you have to confirm that your connecting flight takes off before the completion of twenty-four hours or one day after your landing.
- You need to go to the shop close to your gate if you want to shop for things, just before your boarding time approaches.
- You have to remember that you cannot hear any announcements in Terminal 3 of the airport.
- Gates for the Dubai connecting flights close twenty minutes before the departure.
- If you have a very long transit and want to rest in the airport, you can rest in Terminal 3 as it is silent.
- Terminal 3 also has sleeping pods, leg rests, and chairs. You can book a lounge and can choose your bed. There are many hotels close to the airport.
- You can book a hotel near the airport in one kilometre of the vicinity of the airport online using Dubai E Visa Online.
- Drinking water at Dubai airport is free. If you want to leave the airport make sure you fill your water bottle to save your money.
- If you are self-connecting in Dubai, you need to move out of the airport. You can do this if you have a transit visa.
- You have to plan at least an hour gap in between to move between the terminals.
- After you arrive in Dubai, you might be taken in a bus or through an air bridge to the other terminal.
- You have to remember that the "minimum connection time "(MCT) is two-hours. You have to book the connecting flight so that you do not miss the connecting flight.
Security checks while transiting in Dubai Airport
- One has to go through the Dubai airport security checks after reaching the other terminal.
- Your hand luggage will be checked.
- The checking lines are long but you will pass through the security checks pretty soon.
- Everything goes under scanning before you reach the transit hall.
- You can buy duty- free items at Dubai airport.
- Your other baggage passes security checking only once and it is directly forwarded to your connecting flight.