The Dubai Green Planet
- Author- Rose Mary
- Publish Date-
How about discovering a tropical forest in the middle of the desert? It might seem impossible, and yet, when you come to visit Dubai, you will have the opportunity to visit an astonishing haven of peace and greenery, where thousands of species of plants and animals are gathered: the Dubai Green Planet.
A Real Jungle in The Heart of Dubai
At Green Planet, you can experience an incredible indoor recreation of a tropical forest, right in the center of City Walk, one of Dubai's most vibrant areas. During this dive in a unique environment, you will have the opportunity to see an astonishingly rich fauna and flora, with more than 3,000 species of plants and animals .
In this impressive Biodome, you will be able to visit a cave populated by bats, discover the most astonishing species of the tropical jungle (boas, porcupines, toucans, insects, exotic fish, etc.), and enjoy the colors and the song of the birds which live in freedom in this reconstituted jungle.
You will be amazed at the scale and size of this place, to the point that you will quickly forget that you are indoors. In this indoor park is notably the largest tree planted indoors in the world.
The Green Planet is a great place to take a family visit and learn a lot about animals and plants. The Biodome is separated into four different zones, which represent the tropical jungle from bottom to top: the submerged part, the forest floor, the trees, and the canopy.
In addition to a simple visit to this eco-museum, many experiences await you at Green Planet:
- Swim with the piranhas in a mask and snorkel
- Discover the nocturnal activities of the animals of the rainforest
- Experience a tropical storm in the jungle
- Go camping and spend a night in the tropical jungle
- Become a zookeeper for a day
READ ALSO: Man made islands of Dubai
Respect For Nature Above All
Dubai is often criticized for its excessive tourism and for its lack of respect for the environment and nature. Here, we are far from the huge air-conditioned shopping malls or oversized luxury hotels. The Green Planet is a real eco-museum that aims to raise awareness of the beauties of nature, and the importance of doing everything to preserve it.
Green Planet Rates
The entrance ticket to Green Planet is offered at 120 AED at the box office (around 33 $) or at 89 AED if you buy it online (around 27 $). In addition, when you book your ticket online, you will also benefit from a "skip-the-line" ticket which will prevent you from queuing when you arrive on the site. Admission is free for children 2 and under.
READ ALSO: Dubai World Cup
How to get to Dubai green planet?
The Green Planet is located in the City Walk area. You can get there using the Dubai metro (with the red line), getting off at Burj Khalifa / Dubai Mall station. From Jumeirah, the Dubai bus (line 8) can also take you a short walk to the Green Planet.
Additional points to keep in mind while visiting Dubai Green Planet:
While it is completely possible for you to book your Green Planet tickets online, you will be going out during the pandemic and hence you ought to be really careful when going out during this period of COVID-19. Here are some of the practices done at Green Planet that will keep you safe there.
- Deep cleaning session are done on an hourly basis which keeps the entire place clean. The place is also cleaned very nicely before opening up the place to public.
- Continual disinfection of the places where crowds are most spotted takes place. This includes elevators, doorknobs, and other likewise spaces.
- Do not touch any creatures that are in the Green Planet without the permission of the officials at the place.
- Temperature checks are done of all the staff members which is carried out at specified intervals.
- To help you maintain social distancing stickers are stuck to the ground.
- Use of hand sanitizers is a must when going in and roaming around the place.
- The children’s play area is shut down due to the safety rules issued by the Dubai Municipality Regulations.
- Make sure you follow all the safety protocols when you enter the Green Planet in Dubai.
READ ALSO: Vaccine appointment in Dubai
Additional information to follow:
- Infants under the age of three will be given a free entry, you need not get any tickets for them.
- children who are aged above 3 years of age will have to pay the normal rates.
- Food and beverage are not allowed inside the premises.
By following all of the tips and the regulations as mentioned you can enjoy a wonderful time at Dubai Green Planet. Why not book your visa to Dubai via Dubai E Visa Online and get your trip to Dubai booked!