Dubai Butterfly Garden: Exploring the Enchanting World of Butterflies in 2023
- Author- Priynka Admin
- Publish Date-
Amid the white sand and rugged mountains lies a city acknowledged for its sheer beauty and glamour. Dubai is a prime example of man's creativity. The city is home to the largest indoor butterfly park, the latest addition to its existing. Dubai Miracle Garden features more than 50 million flowers and 250 million plants, thus, accrediting to its name the title of "World’s largest natural flower garden".
The park hosts 15000 butterflies, and that too of 26 varieties!! However, there is a discrete entrance and ticket for the butterfly park.
The butterfly garden Dubai is just like the cream of the crop among various attractions of Dubai and a must-visit for kids and adults. The park is also an abode of a butterfly conservatory, insect museum, and a fishpond that enhances its charisma.
Scattered in an area of 2600 square kilometres, the garden has encountered the phenomenon of the mesmerizing transformation of a caterpillar into a colourful butterfly. The nine temperature-controlled butterfly domes spread over approximately 1800 sq. meters are adorned with flower beds. They are an astounding piece of architecture that will surely woo the hearts of sightseers. Apply for Dubai Visa to Visit Butterfly Park in Dubai.
Whereabouts of Butterfly Park
This magnificent park is in Al Barsha South 3 Dubailand, next to the Dubai miracle garden- Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
How to reach Dubai Butterfly Garden
The 'Dubai butterfly garden' is located in a very accessible location. The distance from the airport is 34.6 kilometres which is usually a half an hour's ride.
Bus Route: One can take a bus to the beautiful butterfly garden. Bus number 105 will take you to your destination in about 25-30 minutes.
Metro route: Take a metro from your nearest metro station and get off on the red line at the Mall of Emirates metro station. The connectivity is decent as the Butterfly Garden is situated in the heart of Dubai.
The ideal time to visit the park
Generally, it is an all-weather park, but the climate of Dubai is hot and arid, making summers unbearable for many; thus, November to March is considered the best time to visit the park.
The park is accessible from 9 AM to 6 PM on weekdays and weekends.
NOTE: The Miracle Garden is closed from May to September due to very high temperatures.
Ticket price: The ticket price for adults and children above three years old is 55 Arab Emirates Dirhams, and for specially-abled children below three years of age is free of cost.
Suggested Read: Dubai Visa for Ghana Citizenship How to Apply Dubai Visa
The focus of Attraction in the Park/Garden
- Butterfly Museum and Conservatory: The butterfly museum is a treat to the eyes. Most of the artefacts in the museum are hand-crafted and made up of thousands of deceased and preserved butterflies worldwide. The temperature-controlled domes shield the butterflies from the excruciating temperature of the desert, and the beautiful gardens give a natural environment to the butterflies for re-creation. There is also an enclosure room confined by netting, allowing visitors to observe the butterflies and capture certain moments with them. The museum is a paradise for insect photographers and many photography enthusiasts.
NOTE: This can be disturbing for many insect lovers.
- Educational Area: The garden's lovely and breathtaking butterflies have experienced a complete metamorphosis in diverse phases to achieve this unique look. This section of the park gives an insight into the lifecycle of butterflies. Their transformation from the eggs to a grown two-winged insect is stunningly depicted. The butterfly garden provides an excellent prospect to enhance our knowledge about various variations of butterflies. This is a perfect opportunity to learn about the lives of butterflies for both kids and adults alike.
- Koi Pond: The tranquil waters of the pond in the 2 domes of the Dubai butterfly park are just picture-perfect. The alluring multitude of koi fishes of different colours and shapes will sweep the visitors off their feet and add to the landscape's scenic beauty. The serene beauty captivates people and has a calming and soothing effect on the human brain.
- Cinema: The Dubai butterfly garden also offers various range of educational movies, the life cycle of butterflies, and captivating animations to its tiny visitors. Through these movies and animations, they can learn about various breeds of butterflies, their nature and their characteristics. This can be a whole new experience for the little ones.
These are some major attractions of the Dubai butterfly garden, but not many other attractions, like the beautiful flower garden adjoining it. Also, Explore New Year’s Eve in Dubai.
Suggested Read: Dubai Visa for Ethiopia Passport Holder Living in Ethiopia
Conveniences near Butterfly Park
- Coffee Shops: Arab Udupi restaurant and City Corner cafeteria are located at a distance of 0.3 kilometres from the butterfly garden. They serve as perfect places to relax after a tiring day.
- Food kiosk: Zest restaurant and Saj 2 Go Lebanese bakery are good places to appease your appetite after such an active day and are situated in Dubai miracle garden just next to the Butterfly Park.
- Candy Shops: Candies for kids are what brushes are for artists!! The kids deserve some ice-creams and candies after such an educational and tiring session. DMG Cafes and Gelato House are some most visited candy shops around the Butterfly Park
- Souvenir Shops: The place also has small shops for tourists to cherish their trips forever! And taking something back home for our loved ones is always a great way to pamper them.
The time required to visit the Butterfly Park
It takes at least two hours to unravel the beauty of this delightful park. The garden is spread over a vast area, thus, making it time-consuming but very appealing and enjoyable for its visitors.
Suggested Read: Dubai Visa for US Green Card Holders
Other Attractions near Dubai butterfly garden
As the butterfly garden is located in the central part of Dubai, there are many exciting places to visit nearby.
- Al Montazah Park: This is a famous amusement park that young kids would love. After a bombarding educational session, visiting this water park is more like a cherry on top for your tiny ones. The park houses all kinds of rides, making it perfect for families with young ones. It is barely 2.3 kilometres from the famous Butterfly Park.
- Al Ittihad Park: Al Ittihad Park is another hidden gem of Dubai, comprising more than 100 varieties of trees and plants that are residents of Dubai. The fountain and the playground make it more famous among kids. There are also eateries scattered around it. The distance of this park from Butterfly Park is just 1.5 kilometres.
- The Selfie Kingdom: This is the first of its kind in Dubai. The museum has 15 pop-up selfie rooms. Each room has a unique design, lighting, and prop for that perfect selfie. The distance of the selfie kingdom from the butterfly park is around 5.5 kilometres.
- Al Qabaiel Centre 2:This is a famous shopping mall located 0.2 kilometres from the butterfly park.
In a nutshell, the Butterfly Garden amid the desert is like an abode of retreat. The park also features different variants of nectars from distant parts of the world, and implanted in the garden to provide the best atmosphere for the butterflies. The garden is very educative, captivating, and alluring. It provides the best view of butterflies; meanwhile, the sprawling gardens help humans re-kindle with mother nature and distract them from their monotonous life.
1. Know How to Check If Your Dubai Visa Is Original or Fake
2. Dubai Visa for Nepal Passport Holder Living in Nepal
3. All About Apply for UAE Visa Without Degree Certificate
4. Dubai 2 Year Visa Apply Dubai Long Term Visa In 2023
5. Dubai Visa for Uganda Passport Holder Living in Uganda