best dubai sim card for tourists
- Author- Jazmin
- Publish Date-
Dubai is a place buzzing with tourists. It is the hub for tourists as the city attracts people who like to explore luxury, tradition, and modernity all at once. Dubai is the fastest-growing city. Tourism in Dubai contributes greatly to the Gross Domestic Product. Tourism contributes nearly thirteen percent of the GDP of Dubai. Travel and tourism earn (United States Dollars) USD 43.3 billion.
READ ALSO: 30 DAYS DUBAI VISA
Tourist SIM Dubai
You can obtain a free tourist SIM in Dubai. When you reach Dubai you can get a prepaid SIM at the immigration center. Is it not exciting?! You have to be above eighteen to attain this free SIM. With the prepaid SIM issued at the immigration center, you could avail three-minute ‘Flexible’ talking time. Along with this, you can get twenty megabytes of data for free. You can use this tourist SIM for three days and can do both national and international calls.
READ ALSO: DO I NEED A VISA FOR DUBAI
One can add additional benefits to the free tourist SIM in Dubai. You can recharge the package of the same SIM. You can recharge the SIM using your international credit card.
How to activate your tourist SIM in Dubai?
You can obtain your tourist SIM for free at the immigration center. The instructions about using the SIM are elucidated clearly on the backside of the packet that contains the SIM. This SIM is valid for nearly three months. This free SIM in Dubai is given by DU Telecom. It is the most popular one.
You can also choose to take the SIM of a company called Etisalat. You can take it to the airport.
To activate the SIM, you have to follow a few steps. They are:
- Place the SIM card inside the slot on your phone.
- Enter *122# in the dial pad of your phone.
- You should then provide your passport number, date of landing in Dubai, and the name of your nation. You have to type the information in the dial pad.
- If the details you provided are correct, your SIM activation process will begin.
- You will receive a notification if the process of activation starts.
- After the SIM is activated, you will get a message on the SIM, stating the same.
- After you get the message, enter 135 in your dial pad and choose the language you understand. You can then use the tourist SIM in Dubai.
READ ALSO: DUBAI VISA FEES
Recharge option for the Tourist SIM in Dubai
- For a recharge of AED 55, you can get seven days’ validity of 500 MB data and twenty flexible minutes.
- For a recharge of AED 75, you can get the validity of two-weeks or fourteen days. You will have two GB data and forty flexible minutes on your recharge.
- For the recharge of AED 110, you will have a validity of two-weeks. You can avail 3.5 GB of data and fifty flexible minutes.
READ ALSO: 96 HOURS DUBAI TRANSIT VISA
Other tourist SIM companies in Dubai
Matrix Cellular and Etisalat are other options for you to buy a tourist SIM card in Dubai.
Why is it important to have a tourist SIM in Dubai?
You cannot make any international calls or national calls if you do not have a tourist SIM in Dubai. There is no free wi-fi available at all places. You will need internet access on your phone when you are in Dubai. The Internet and data pack is important for you to travel easily through different places and to find information about the hotels, stay, etc.
Efforts of the Dubai government to increase the number of tourists
The government of Dubai introduces many policies to encourage tourists to come to Dubai. A few of the efforts by the government are:
- Dubai provides free visas on arrival for people of many counties.
- There is about seventy percent of transit passengers coming to Dubai every year. To encourage transit passengers to visit Dubai, the government provides a free two-day or forty-eight-hour-visa.
- The Dubai government also took steps to encourage Dubai medical tourism. It introduced many health packages for medical tourists.
- Dubai is a host of several festivals. Many festivals are conducted with pomp and show. The Dubai Shopping Festival is the most famous festival where many tourists come to shop at cheap rates in Dubai.
- Dubai opened approximately fifty international offices to encourage people of all the countries to come to Dubai.
- It has all the attractive landmarks like Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, etc.
- One can enjoy complete luxury in Dubai and you get the value of what you pay.
- According to the “Dubai Tourism Strategy 2020”, the government plans to lure twenty million visitors per year.
Do you also want to visit Dubai? Let us not wait anymore and apply for your tourist visa with Dubai E Visa Online. The website does not charge you extra. Many people have obtained their visas through Dubai E Visa Online. You will surely get a visa without any rejection. All of the details are explained in it and you can select the best one that suits you the most!