biking around dubai
- Author- Priynka Admin
- Publish Date-
Dubai is a multicultural city and the most prestigious emirate of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It has a large population and an extravagance home. In order to enter Dubai, You need to Apply Dubai Visa. You can Apply Dubai Online at dubaievisaonline.com
In one of the statistics done by a study, it was understood that 8.36 million travellers visited this metropolitan city in just six months (January to June) of 2019. The highest number of tourists going here are from India, Saudi Arabia, and the United Kingdom.
Several expatriates crave to settle in this Emirate. This desire to visit or stay in the country is evident among the people of all countries. The foremost reason for it is the fact that this city offers everything for people with diversified likings, hobbies, and thoughts.
Biking in Dubai
Biking or cycling is a very good recreational activity that energizes the body, mind, and soul. It is an ideal cardio activity liked by most of the fitness freaks. It can consume many calories and can make a person fit and active.
This amazing city also attracts biking enthusiasts and professional or amateur bikers equally. The government promotes fitness activities like this and ensures that it organizes events or activities related to biking. Many platforms and opportunities for the bikers.
Read Also: Do I Need A Visa For Dubai
Opportunities for the cyclists
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum initiated an opportunity for all the fitness lovers and health-conscious people. Making bicycles as a main mode of transport is on the move in this Emirate.
In the Vision 2021, the city will promote cycling as a sport. This is also garnering attention and praises from the environmental activists, as biking will reduce the carbon footprint due to travel using various other modes for transportation.
The Road and Transport Authority of the city also made the smart cycles available for use in major centres of the Emirates. By August 2020, they organized bicycles in areas like Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai Marina, The Greens, Barsha Heights, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai Water Canal, Downtown Dubai, and Al Qudra, Dubai Media City.
If a person chooses to bike around in the city, it will cost less than any other mode of transportation. For a day this renting of bikes will cost only AED 20 or nearly USD 6 and can be used for once with this amount. Cycling enthusiasts and the commuters can rent these for an hour or sixty minutes and after this, they can reinstate the cycles in any centre.
Read Also: Dubai Visa Application Form
Biking courses in Dubai
The government with the Road and Transport Authority has created and maintained many tracks or paths especially for the training, recreation, or competitions of cycling.
The best cycling courses in Dubai are:
- Al Quadra cycle park: This is spread through eighty-six kilometres and is in a thrilling location, that is the dunes! People who like to spend their time outdoors cycling will love this biking course and can get a view of the Al Quadra lake while riding here. There are short courses like the 18 Kilometers for cycling for the amateurs and fitness lovers and the 50 Kilometers for the professionals. This long track also leads to a resort where one can make a pit stop and rejuvenate. This course is open throughout the day and the best thing about it is that there are no entry fees for anyone!
- The Autodrome: Generally it is a host of the famous car racing. But on Wednesdays, the management allows the cyclists to practice their skills here or to have a gala time spending their recreational activity here. It is a 2.5 Kilometers track and is ideal for the amateurs and people with the hobby. It is a good place to start learning the skill, as well as, bikes are provided for rent and spend for three hours.
- Jumeirah Cycling course: It is a short path stretching over two Kilometers only. The ocean beside and the Burj Al Arab as the backdrop make it a wonderful recreational space for all the lovers of cycling. This is situated on the Jumeirah beach.
- Al Warqa course for cycling: It is a path of 850 meters wide. This is ideal for a family or a group of friends with children or people of different hobbies. It is more like a park. This park is free of traffic and is 3.55 Kilometers. This green landscape is also motivational for the new learners and is open until 10 pm.
- Nad Al Sheeba course: It is very close to the most famous horse racing track “Meydan”. The tracks are of varying lengths like the 4 Kilometers, 6 Kilometers, and the 8 Kilometers. It was marginally a camel riding spot but was converted into this. Children can also cycle at this track in a separate one. It is a fully developed one with the backdrop of the downtown with shower rooms, lockers, and washrooms and all these are for free!
There are several other spots designated for this activity. They are: Al Barsha pond park with a 1000 meters stretch for cycling and Mushrif park of five Kilometers are the most popular.
Tourists mostly opt for cycling in the areas of downtown. The costs to rent a bike begins from AED 15 or 4 USD.
Read Also: Document Required for Dubai Visa
Most important things for the cyclists to remember
It is very important to wear a helmet while cycling. The government demands a fine of AED 200 or AED 300 if a person rides it on the footpath.
A fine of AED 600 is charged if a person cycles over the speed limit of 60 Kmph. As UAE is a very strict country, pillion riders are not allowed on the cycles, unless they are made for two people. The RTA department levies a fine of AED 200 if this rule is violated.
After reading this detailed information about biking in Dubai, one might feel like visiting the country and experiencing its safe and luxurious cycling activities. If yes, navigate to Dubai E Visa Online and apply for a visa that is the most suitable. By doing this, a real visa is attained in a maximum of three days without any rejection.
Read Also: 14 Days Dubai Visa
Frequently asked queries
Question: Is biking allowed in Dubai?
Answer: Yes, it is allowed in most places. They are also used as modes of transport starting from 2020 in the areas mentioned above. In a few places, it is not allowed to cycle on the roads.
Question: Can we take bikes in the metro?
Answer: Yes, these are allowed in the metro for the convenience of the commuters.
Question: What is the maximum time of renting the bike?
Answer: A maximum of sixty minutes at once is the time to rent a bike.