how to get employment visa in dubai
- Author- Super Admin
- Publish Date-
UAE, the country on the Persian Gulf, is the federation of seven ruling states, ruled by the royal family. Even though it has 6th largest oil reservoir in the world, tourism and business are the driving force behind its fastest-growing economy. With exponentially increasing economy post-independence, it is the centre for professionals, skilled and unskilled labour force.
Since Dubai is one of the cities with a continuously growing economy, there are immense work opportunities for people outside the UAE. The city of gold offers a very lucrative opportunity for people with different skills.
If you are willing to work in Dubai, and you aren't UAE national, you must have Dubai work visa and Permit to live & work here. Based on the duration and type of employment, there are different kind of work permits for working in a foreign country. Depending on your job and the time, a work visa is issued.
Dubai Work Visa Guidelines
First and foremost thing to work in the UAE is to have a confirmed job there.
Working in Dubai without having Work Visa is illegal, and it may put you and your employer both in the serious judicial troubles.
Working in Dubai on Visitor or tourist Visa is also illegal and is counted under crime.
To be able to work in Dubai, the first thing is to have a Residence Visa that ensures your stay for the long term.
Residence Visa is meant for foreign nationals residing for long duration in a Country.
In UAE, residence visa is valid for 3 years.
Before applying for a work visa, you must have an entry permit, job offer letter, residence visa, labour card.
UAE Work Visa Requirement(Documents & Eligibility)
Who are eligible to apply Work Visa
Any foreign national who is above 18, are eligible to work in the United Arab Emirates.
Depending on the academics, you are required to have educational qualification as categorized below-
Either a Bachelor's Degree
Or Diploma (post-secondary)
Or High School Diploma
Have already applied for a job and are accepted for the position.
What are the documents required to apply for Work Visa
Authentic Valid Passport
Degree of qualification
Job offer letter
Medical certificate after the health examination, issued by the licenced health centre in UAE
Completely filled visa application form
Passport size photographs
How to apply and get Dubai work/employment visa
Before applying, make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria, have verified job offer letter, all the other required documents.
Steps to apply for Visa
1. The first thing to get the work visa is to have the Entry permit issued by the Ministry of Labour.
2. It is the employer who applies for entry permit to the Ministry of Labour on the behalf of the employee.
3. After having the approved Entry Permit, the employee can enter the nation legally for the employment purpose(for free zone employment). This permit is valid for 2 months within which employee needs to complete the remaining formalities.
4. After entering in Dubai, the employee has to apply for labour card and for free zone employment, ID card. Both cards have a validity of 2 years.
5. After entering the country, the employee has 60 days to apply for and get its Residence Visa issued.
6. With duly completed application form, and original passport and entry permit, the employee needs to go to the Emarites ID service centre and apply for the residence visa to immigration authorities.
7. After this, the employee needs to visit the health centre to get the fitness test done.
8. After having a valid medical certificate, with all supporting documents, the employee needs to go to the Department of Naturalization and Residency Dubai (DNRD) to get visa stamped on the passport.
9. Keeping in mind the Procedure and time frame of getting UAE employment Visa, it is must apply for the permits and visa as soon as possible.
Once, all the procedure is done and a work permit is issued to you, you are legally eligible to work in Dubai. In order to avoid any legal troubles, it is advisable to follow all the rules for working in UAE and keeping yourself updated with all the information regarding that.
Since any illegal action will cost both you and your employer, you must always be aware and not to do any illegitimate thing that as is a punishable crime.
1. What is the difference between a visit visa and employment visa?
UAE Visit Visa and Employment Visa- Difference: The visa that can be converted into a residence visa or employment visa, is the visit visa. However, the employment visa allows you to work in the UAE.Only the person with a job offer in Dubai can apply for an employment visa.
2. How much does an employment visa cost in Dubai?
Well, it depends on the skills of the employee and his/her qualification.
3. What are the 2 years Dubai Visa Cost?
It's around AED 3500- AED 4000 with all-inclusive(processing fee and taxes)