dubai family residency visa guide family visa to dubai
- Author- Dubai Visa Online
- Publish Date-
Thinking about your spouse and children back home? Well, then it is now time for you to get them to Dubai with the help of a Dubai family residency visa guide. This guide by Dubai E Visa Online will let you through the entire information you need to know to get your family settled in Dubai. Let your family already be in Dubai or at back home and you are planning to bring your family to Dubai, either way, Dubai E Visa Online will handle a major part of the information so that you wouldn’t have to wander around searching for a lot of information.
Let’s get down to some of the advantages initially as to why you would want to reconsider taking your family to Dubai!
Advantages of having your family residency in Dubai:
- A bank account in Dubai can be opened up easily without having to go through many formalities
- Getting a bank loan from any bank in Dubai, it can even be for personal use or for any other purpose.
- Do not require a visa to visit a lot of countries
- Be it government or private schools your kids can attend them for getting the education
- A drivers license can be issued
- Various government health programs and health insurance can be claimed with the help of this visa.
But all these advantages can only then be fulfilled when you actually fulfill some of the criteria which have been mentioned so that you can get the visa issued to you!
Criteria to be followed to be eligible for a Dubai family residency visa:
You should be belonging to one of the categories for you to be actually eligible for a Dubai family residency visa:
- Working plans have been made be it under a government company or a private company in Dubai
- Your kids belong to an educational institution in Dubai.
- An investment has been made in Dubai
- A property has been purchased in Dubai
- You have made retirement plan in Dubai
- You are one of the closest family members of a citizen belonging to Dubai or you are a foreign resident.
Requirements to be fulfilled in order to get a Dubai family residency visa:
There are some documents that you must keep ready when you will be going ahead to apply for a Dubai family residency visa. These documents which you have to submit can be given as follows:
- An online completed family residency visa application form
- A passport which has the validity and belongs to you
- Having passport sized pictures which will follow all the guidelines
- Proof of legal residence address of the person who will be your sponsor
- Having proof of medical test passing certificate
- Providing proof of family connections such as a birth certificate of your children or your valid marriage certificate or an adoption certificate in case of adopted children
- The visa you are already in Dubai for. For example, if you are already in Dubai and are on a work visa while taking a family residency visa for your family, then you need to provide proof of family visa. This need not be done if you are applying for a new family residency visa altogether.
Dubai residency visa application procedure:
While it is important that you know how to fill in the application form it is also equally important that you finish the complete procedure in a correct manner, only then will you be able to get a visa issued to you. Not only this if you plan on applying for the visa once you enter Dubai you will have to get an entry permit so that you can enter Dubai and then apply for a new visa. But this will probably need a sponsor which can be your friend or your other relatives or your employer under whom you will be working.
Ways to apply for a family residency visa:
You can follow any of the below-given methods to successfully apply for a Dubai residency visa:
- Applying for a family residency visa through an online portal: https://gdrfad.gov.ae/en
- Applying for a family residency visa through an offline method which is through an embassy near you
- Applying for a family residency visa once you reach Dubai on an entry permit through GDRFA which is also known as the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs where you will be called in for a personal face to face meeting for the application procedure.
Who can be your sponsor?
Wondering who will be your sponsor when you apply for a family residency visa. Don’t worry as mentioned before it can be your employer or even your colleague or friends or any other family relative members. In fact, you can also be your own sponsor provided that you have a work visa or a long term visa or even an Emirates ID that will let you be a part of the sponsors’ list.
Fee for residency visa:
As it is known that payment of fees is a must when you get an application done for a visa, similarly you need to pay some specified amount of fee which will be mentioned to you when you apply for a family residency visa be it through any of the methods available. While when you apply through the official website of GDRFA you will be required to pay a total fee of 100 AED which will be for one year worth a residency visa. The processing fee can also be varied based on the way through which you will be applying which can range from 40 AED to 70 AED, the former being applied when you apply for a visa through an online method and the latter for an offline method.
Difference between an entry permit and a residence visa:
Well just as the name suggests this permit is given to a person when he or she wants to enter the country. A person holding an entry permit can enter Dubai based on what purpose he or she wants to fulfill. However, this entry permit must be sponsored by a person who is already a resident in Dubai or a citizen belonging to Dubai. This entry permit is almost the same as what you apply for a tourist visa. There are some who would not require it, while some can even get it applied through a visa on arrival method. Hence you can get the list checked whether you require one or not and then get your entry permit applied for. The entry permit does not go up for more than three months of validity.
Once you enter Dubai based on these documents the sponsor will help you get a residency visa for your family. On the other hand, the family residency visa is a visa that will allow your family to get into Dubai based on this document. This visa will also help a person to stay for quite a long time than any other visas would normally provide.
Length of stay on a family residency visa:
The length of stay can depend on what your purpose is and how long you wish to stay in Dubai for fulfilling your purpose. The length of stay normally has periods lasting for one year, two years, or even for three years and can also be renewed or extended as per request. This family visa renewal Dubai can be done by your sponsor if it has been expired but is still valid in the visa expiry grace period. The renewal procedure will be the exact same procedure that you first did while applying for a new visa.
Grace period for visa expiry allowed:
Normally a 30-day visa grace period is given after your visa expires. This means you can stay in the next 30 days after your visa has expired but you will be required to extend or renew your visa to be able to stay for a longer period. If this is not done then leaving the country will be the only option left with you and you will probably have to get another new entry permit before you re-enter the country. A fine will also be applied to you based on the length of your overstay. This fine list can be given as follows:
- Overstay for 6 months in Dubai (for the first 180 days after the grace period): 25 AED per day
- Overstay for the next six months in Dubai: 50 AED per day
- After a year of overstay in Dubai: 100 AED per day
Q. Are there any other residence visa Dubai options that will be available other than a family residency visa?
Yes, you can avail the following options apart from a family residency visa:
- Work visa for Dubai
- Student visa for Dubai
- Investment visa for Dubai
All of these visas will provide a longer stay as given by the family residency visa.
Q. Can children be brought on a family residency visa to Dubai?
Yes, children also come under the family, and hence they can also be brought to Dubai on a family visa.
Q. Are there any salary restrictions while bringing the family to Dubai on a residency visa?
Yes a minimum salary of 4000 AED or 3000 AED must be fulfilled in order to sponsor a family in Dubai.
This is all that you need to know about the Dubai family residency visa guide. Looking forward to any questions that arise in your mind while applying for one!