RENEWAL OF A RESIDENCY VISA FOR FAMILY MEMBERS OF A SPONSOR UAE CITIZEN OR GCC CITIZEN OR STUDENTS STUDYING IN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
- Author- Ridhi
- Publish Date-
Foreign nationals staying in the country with approved UAE residence visas are allowed to reside for a limited time. After the expiry date of a valid UAE residence visa, it is important to apply for a renewal of a UAE residence visa. The sponsor should send the application and request for renewing the UAE residence visa. If the ex-pat will continue to reside in the United Arab Emirates with an expired visa, the foreign resident may have to face serious allegations and fines.
If the sponsor applies for renewal of UAE residence visa before the expiry date for the family member who is a student or partner. Then, they can easily reside in the United Arab Emirates with legal permission with a valid document. One should not stay illegally in Emirates for a long duration to avoid:
- The fine amount for per-day overstays on an expired UAE residence visa is 25 AED for an early 6 months.
- The fine will increase to 50 AED per day for another 6 months overstay in the United Arab Emirates.
- After one year the heavy fine of almost 100 AED per day on expired UAE residence visa.
Reasons for renewing the UAE residency visa for family members
- Renewal is necessary so that the sponsored family member can stay legally inside the Emirates.
- Renewal of UAE residence visa should be done before 30 days Grace period to avoid all kinds of fines and penalties.
- To maintain a good record in UAE. If there are many penalties and fines against the sponsored person, they may not get entry permission in the future.
UAE residence visa renewal time
All the foreign residents and sponsors get 30 days for the renewal of their UAE residence visas. The sponsor will get a time of 30 days for the renewal of family members' residence visas in the UAE. These 30 days free of fines is called a grace period, and it is provided by the GDRFA in UAE. After the end of the UAE residence visa, the issued or approved United Arab Emirates ID card is also considered invalid or expired.
Eligibility to apply for renewal of UAE residence visa:
The applicant or sponsor applying for renewal of the UAE residence visa, must complete and adhere to the eligibility requirements:
- Passport- To increase the validity of sponsored person residence visa in UAE, you must have a copy or print out or photocopy of your passport.
- Colored and a recent photograph- For completing the form and identification.
- Sponsor UAE residency visa- The valid permit, Emirates identity card, or residence visa of the sponsor. The sponsor is applying for a renewal of residence visa in UAE for family members.
- A valid Emirates or renewed identity card of UAE.
- Identify registration document.
- Insurance card
- Medical certificate- To ensure that the applicant is healthy and fit. The health medical examination should be passed to fill the eligibility criteria. If the applicant has not attained the age of 18 years, then they are exempted from mandatory health certificate requirements.
The sponsor will also need an application form for the renewal of a residence visa in the UAE. The sponsor should sign the renewal application form of residence visa. The sponsor who is renewing and sponsoring their family member should also carry a photo and passport with them. If the sponsor is renewing the spouse's UAE residence permit. Then they should carry a marriage certificate and tenancy certificate with other documents. The sponsor with a valid UAE residence visa can apply for a renewal UAE visa before the grace period and for family member sponsorship.
Renewing process for UAE residence visa
The renewal process of the UAE residence visa is almost similar to the process of obtaining a residence visa for a family member. The renewal can be carried out in two ways: from AMER Center or the second option: GDRFA Website.
Steps for renewal of UAE residence visa for a family member:
- Go to the UAE official online portal for residence visa services, "GDRFA Website".
- Choose the UAE visa assistance you require. In this case, apply for UAE residence visa renewal services.
- Fill out the appropriate form and attach the required papers online on GDRFA Website.
- Pay the fee and complete the submission to renew your family member's residence visa.
The same process and steps can also be followed if you are applying for renewal through AMER centers.
The UAE residence visa can be one, two, or three years according to the purpose and visa type. But, the renewal of the UAE residence visa must be done before the expired date of the visa or 30 days Grace time.